The standard beam bushes have a large washer on top of them.
Should these be fitted on top of the new powerflex ones or left off.
I have phoned powerflex and they did not know!
Powerflex beam bushes
Moderator: martauto
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
I put them back on as they are there to spread the load across the bushing. Not powerflex bushes though.
Do they fit above the powerflex bushes? Bit worrying that they did not know.
Do they fit above the powerflex bushes? Bit worrying that they did not know.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
KW355
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 265
- Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Birmingham
The washers would fit over the stainless centre powerflex pin and space the powerflex bush about 5mm off the chassis. I was a bit surprised that they could not answer my question !HairyScreech wrote:I put them back on as they are there to spread the load across the bushing. Not powerflex bushes though.
Do they fit above the powerflex bushes? Bit worrying that they did not know.
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
Well the washer works as both a load spreader and a movement restrictor once the bushings are buggered.
Not sure I would be comfortable without it in there as a load spreader, seems like too much chance of ripping the mounting on the chassis.
FWIW Strongflex and others do show it fitted.
Not sure I would be comfortable without it in there as a load spreader, seems like too much chance of ripping the mounting on the chassis.
FWIW Strongflex and others do show it fitted.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
DanThe
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 28649
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Staffs
If the washer is not fitted and the beam comes up off the bush it will batter the body/tank etc, the washer would stop this so definitely fit it
-
KW355
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 265
- Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Birmingham
Thanks for the info, I will be fitting the washers.
