Kent cam in 325i ?
Moderator: martauto
-
Farrierman
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Northamptonshire
Is changing the cam old Technology and should I drop in a 3.5 instead for the same cash ? Any one driven a e30 with a fast road cam . Thanks alex
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
You're worried about "old technology", and you're considering dropping a 3.5 (presumably M30) in???????
-
Farrierman
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Northamptonshire
Was looking for some advice
-
bosers
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 496
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm
- Location: Devon
Ha, I think what Mr Moooore is saying is that the M30 is even more prehistoric than the M20. I think if you're after a performance boost then moving away from the M20 is best as they are hard to get more from without a turbo.
I've no experience of the M30 but from reading I've done on here and elsewhere I think they are very torquey and quite heavy but bomb proof.
It depends what you want it for, I think for track use a lighter lump would be better like the M52b28 which weighs almost the same as the M20.
I've fitted an M52b28 to my Touring and I love it. The conversion cost me about 2 grand in bits etc but I enjoyed it as a project so I'd say it was worth it.
Cheers Joe
I've no experience of the M30 but from reading I've done on here and elsewhere I think they are very torquey and quite heavy but bomb proof.
It depends what you want it for, I think for track use a lighter lump would be better like the M52b28 which weighs almost the same as the M20.
I've fitted an M52b28 to my Touring and I love it. The conversion cost me about 2 grand in bits etc but I enjoyed it as a project so I'd say it was worth it.
Cheers Joe
-
reggid
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1984
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Oz
A cam in a m20b25 wont perform as well as a m30b34/5 but swapping the cam is alot easier
E30 325is with M20B31
