
The car still runs ok, without it, but I haven't started it since, fearing it to be an earth lead. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks
Phil
Moderator: martauto







It will be, I wouldn't run the car for too long without it connected as the rest of the loom will be getting rather hotwillnz wrote:If you pull back the insulation, is it a brown wire? As per my other discussion with you, I think it is the main ground cable from the engine loom. If the insulation on it is brown, this will confirm it.

This is true, but I can't think where the auxiliary earth is, which must be present if the car runs. On a M20, it would be via the oil level sensor, but this is a M42.DanThe wrote: I wouldn't run the car for too long without it connected as the rest of the loom will be getting rather hot




