Main Bearings

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

Motorhole
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cheshire

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:33 pm

I've just received some new Glyco main bearings I ordered for an M52B30 build. Now...to me, 13 of the 14 bearing surfaces appear to have some kind of scoring or damage that I wouldn't have thought would be acceptable. However, not being an expert, I just thought I'd check I wasn't being too anal before I return them. What do you think? Pictures below of three of them, just picked at random.

Image

Image

Image
craigieeb
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 4988
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: In my man cave modifying... something

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Yeah, they would be going straight back
M50 Turbo!!! :o I shall say no more :D
Motorhole
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cheshire

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks folks! Hopefully better luck next time.