I have an '88 325i Sport with a well and truly worn out gear knob and boot (it's a single unit), understandable given the age of the car.
After much Googling I've been unable to find any replacements apart from one on Turner Motorsport, and it's listed as being left and drive only (it also illuminates which I'm not too keen on). Does anyone know where I can track down an OEM unit?
Gear Knob and Boot for 325i Sport
Moderator: martauto
-
jimbom30cab
- Tech 1 freak
- Posts: 7631
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: in the garage
BMW sell the knob still
check out www.etk.cc for part numbers or call
James Aston
Parts Advisor
Cotswold Cheltenham
Main Phone: 01242 588495
or you could try to change the all in one leather yourself as replacements are not expensive and good quality in my experience
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231185934021? ... EBIDX%3AIT
check out www.etk.cc for part numbers or call
James Aston
Parts Advisor
Cotswold Cheltenham
Main Phone: 01242 588495
or you could try to change the all in one leather yourself as replacements are not expensive and good quality in my experience
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231185934021? ... EBIDX%3AIT
-
Sambe30
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 559
- Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 pm
Are they the one piece ones available from BMW Jim?
-
jimbom30cab
- Tech 1 freak
- Posts: 7631
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: in the garage
BMW have the all in one knobs (tech 2 style not tech 1) available.
-
IamStandingBehindYou
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Thanks for this! I'm now trying to narrow down which one is the right one for my model.jimbom30cab wrote:BMW have the all in one knobs (tech 2 style not tech 1) available.
-
jimbom30cab
- Tech 1 freak
- Posts: 7631
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: in the garage
Should be part 13
I know it looks like a tech 1 knob but it's actually a tech 2 version
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/selectC ... 5/25_0495/
I know it looks like a tech 1 knob but it's actually a tech 2 version
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/selectC ... 5/25_0495/
-
IamStandingBehindYou
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Thanks for that, this might be a stupid question but if I just order #13 is that all I need? Not sure if I need to order the top bit with the gear position diagram separately.jimbom30cab wrote:Should be part 13
I know it looks like a tech 1 knob but it's actually a tech 2 version
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/selectC ... 5/25_0495/
-
jimbom30cab
- Tech 1 freak
- Posts: 7631
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: in the garage
yes i think you need to order the badge also, they are about a tenner
best to call James at Cotswolds and double check though
best to call James at Cotswolds and double check though
