Drivers seat keeps dropping down

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

jimbom30cab
Tech 1 freak
Posts: 7631
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: in the garage

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Its the sports style of seat. The seat goes up ok but then won't stay up and keeps dropping to the floor.

I know I could do with losing a few pounds but it does feel like I should be driving a slammed VW thing! with streched tyres on.

Anyone suggest a possible cause before I take the seat apart for diagnosis??

Thanks

Jim
Sanchez
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Take the back panel of and you will most likely find the tab which screws the seat back on has snapped.
Image
Cloggy Saint
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: zummerzet

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Sanchez wrote:Take the back panel of and you will most likely find the tab which screws the seat back on has snapped.
I think he means the height adjustment on the seat base rather than a floppy seat back.
Image

E30 zone - promoting adult illiteracy since 2004