Lighting issue

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
anupbansal13
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello all, I've come across a strange issue with my lights. I accidently flashed my main beam while indicating and this caused my main headlights to switch off and I could not use my high beam. On the instrument cluster the indicator and main beam signals were glowing. I checked the lights outside of the car and all indicator lights were on constant (not intermittent) but no dipped or main beam? It was stuck like this for a while and randomly after I slammed the door the lights went back to normal. Must be some sort of dodgy connection but I dont know where to begin checking. Also my interior centre console lights do not work.

Any ideas or troubleshoot guide?

Thanks
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:54 am

Check the front body loom main earth terminal at the front of the LH inner wing.
User avatar
anupbansal13
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Will do cheers