[img][img]http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 20uint.png[/img]
My RHS indicator will not work. The LHS is fine. It was suggested I check the Earth wires for the indicator stalks. These look good. When I engage the RHS indicator the Flasher unit (pictured)starts to Buzz. I assume this is the flasher unit pictured? Putting in a new flasher unit is easy, but why would only one side go if the flasher was faulty? Shouldn’t both sides play up? The other oddity is that the Hazard switch makes both indicators flash happily away. Should this happen if the Flasher unit is dodgy? Also note what the Western Australian sun has done to my car roof paint(patina?). Time for a respray.[/img]
Is this what I think it is?
Moderator: martauto
-
xavier
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 743
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Western Australia
-
xavier
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 743
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Western Australia
OK. New flasher unit fitted. Buzzing stopped. The RHS indicator still not working. It just makes a quick clicking indicator noise and give no indicator lights. Although the Earths look good, is there a way to check them. I have a multimeter that is quite good, but apart for checking HT leads and the like I have not used it much. Any ideas?
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Problem is the indicator switch or the blue/black wire leading from it.
Original indicator 'flasher' unit is probably fine.
Original indicator 'flasher' unit is probably fine.
-
xavier
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 743
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Western Australia
Yes I think you are correct. I have got my multimeter back today, so I will check the blue/black wire. I also tested and changed all of the globes yesterday. This did not help.
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Would have to be a simultaneous problem with both the front and rear earth (ground) points for the RH indicators not to work at all. One earth down should result in the remaining bulb flashing at near double speed.
-
xavier
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 743
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Western Australia
OK, I need to face facts, the indicator switch unit will need to be replaced. So I emailed for a quote from a Australian BMW parts supplier. A new one is $475.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to find someone in Western Australia breaking an old E30.
Time to find someone in Western Australia breaking an old E30.
