318iS intermittent misfire

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

DHFiS
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: cambridge

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Every now and then I get a misfire between 1500 and 2000rpm which then clears up. It happens when I try to accelerate away so the engine is under load.
Plugs and leads are new, AFM wiper and track have been cleaned but not adjusted (I tried the car with another AFM and it still misfired).

Air hoses all look in good condition.

Anybody got any ideas?
DHFiS
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: cambridge

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

It feels quite consistent each time it happens but it doesnt happen all the time so I'd say it was a regular misfire.