propshaft identify 325i g260 and 324d

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

markus_74
E30 Zone Camper
E30 Zone Camper
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Kudus city, Indonesia

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 am

Hello,

I have measure and cut my original propshaft m40 g240 to 1430mm size long to install to my e30 325i g260 but I see at the wikizone that the 325i propshaft originally size 1483mm and it is same with 324d.

I need to buy 325i propshaft but is it difficult to find, cann I use 324d as subtitude and does the size is same with 325i g260 box?

Thank you
Markus
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:48 am

All the diesels I've seen have had the large output flange on the prop which is different to the petrols
markus_74
E30 Zone Camper
E30 Zone Camper
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Kudus city, Indonesia

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:10 am

Thank you for the info.