Best LSD ratio for 325i E30 Auto ?

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

haffeel
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:44 pm

I am putting a LSD to my E30 Auto 325i machine. I would like to know what is the optimum diff ratio?

I drive 50% City and 50% highway. What are the pros and cons using different ratio's?

TQ
:cool:
Ant
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member
Posts: 10496
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: PD+E dept :D

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 pm

with the auto may i suggest the 3.73:1 unit dude

3.64 over the 3.91 for defo if you have no other alternatives

your chip is going in the post tomoz dude, finally sorted fcukin Paypal out :lol:

1st I've ever missed , had to come I suppose :wink:
Product Development and Endurance for Delphi.

Original performance chips, original works not unlicensed copies :D Email FTW
haffeel
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:47 pm

thanks Ant,

Bit of delay is fine with me dude. Though I sound urgent all the time, my car is still in the work shop, work in progress and got no fxxking time even to visit the WShop. I intend to take delivery next Tuesday something. Hope all works out fine. I just sunk 1000 bucks your money to do the conversion :cry:

325i engine with overhaul done
LSD
Zone Chip
haffeel
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:18 am

OK it is confirmed the LSD the mechanic fixed for me is 3.73:1 so that settles. I just visited the workshop and checked it out myself

cheers
:D