How does the switch on the glove box light work

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

Colin
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: South Bucks

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:06 pm

I car't figure out how the light works. The bulb holder has one connector on it but there are two wires. The switch does not seem to have any connection on it and if the swith fits onto the back of the bulb holder where does the other wire go!!!!!!!!. Its not a big issue but bloody annoying. :oops:
Last edited by Colin on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
peejay
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: East Midlands

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi Colin, which bulb are we talking about mate ?

:mad:

Peejay.
Life begins at 40 ( to matter!)
Colin
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: South Bucks

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:11 pm

The light in the glove box.
JoeP
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: The Bunge, Waveney Valley, Norfolk/Suffolk border

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:17 pm

This isn't directed at you Colin and I'm sure people will think I'm a dick but could people be a bit more specific in their subject matters. I know that in the great big scheme of things it's not important but it helps other people know whether to read the post, ie whether they'll be able to help or not, or does everyone read every single post?
Alpine White 325i touring
Saying 'No' to saloon and cabriolet wrongness :-)
Toby_Unna
Boost Junkie
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:21 pm

JoeP wrote:This isn't directed at you Colin and I'm sure people will think I'm a dick but could people be a bit more specific in their subject matters. I know that in the great big scheme of things it's not important but it helps other people know whether to read the post, ie whether they'll be able to help or not, or does everyone read every single post?
i don't think you're a dick! i don't normally bother reading posts that are called things like Please Help with no further info! i'm just bored and have work to do so i read it!

can't help with the glovebox light sorry. you don't actually say wat the problem is does it not work? or work all the time? or what
Image
johnono
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: land of the vikings

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:26 pm

im not sure either colin mate. is the connector broken you mean?
Colin
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: South Bucks

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:41 pm

ItÔš's me that is the dick Sorry and point taken. The light and switch were missing so I went to the breakers and got some from there. They werenÔš't connected so I couldnÔš't see how it went together. The switch has no connections and the holder only has one. :oops:
jmc330i
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 6621
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Somerset

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:51 pm

Colin, Ive put a pic up in your other thread about this.
James
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
Colin
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: South Bucks

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Thanks form the pic JMC it is a great help. Mine dosn't look anything like this so I will have to go to the stealers to get the right one. Do you know where abouts in the glovebox the bulb goes? mine has no bracket or obvious location.
jmc330i
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 6621
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Somerset

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Its not very clear in the pic but the bulb is at the top of the switch. I always thought it was a bit odd, but it seems to light up the glovebox.

In the red circle....
Image
James
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
Colin
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: South Bucks

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:52 pm

Thanks JMC. know I understand. I am missing the bit between the pushy in bit and the bulb holder. You are a gizza.