S38B36 Laguna Touring

Doing a minor build / restoration or an epic one, post it here

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Post Wed Feb 11, 2026 10:51 pm

lellis wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 10, 2026 11:24 am
Cypriotgeeza wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 04, 2026 8:09 am
Amazing car mate, I didn't realise you had a project thread on here as I've been watching your progress on Instagram :D I need to sit down one day with a pot of tea and go through it!

Can I ask a silly Q,
Do you ever have any issues uploading pics on here ? I try to upload 2/3 and it disconnects me from E30 zone and says site not reached :? I cant imagine how you uploaded so many without issue?
haha yes! done it for years and even I enjoy a little scroll through from time to time.

I upload the pics to Flickr then share the BB code onto here, trim off some of the link etc. Never had an issue doing it this way, it just takes longer than usual..
I used to do it this way before using photo bucket but then half my pictures disappeared from my project thread when they decided to start charging :mad:

I might have to start using flickr 8)

I still love the forum format, especially seeing how far projects have come and all the time and effort that was put into them, you don't get the same feeling on instagram.
Check my M30 build threads:
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Headgasket: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=165704
Clutch issues: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=172482
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Cypriotgeeza
New Daily : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=285452
rix313
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 4969
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Silverstone

Post Thu Mar 12, 2026 10:06 am

It always feels like the hard work s building it. For me it is the post build snagging which burns up my patience and brain energy.
User avatar
lellis
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Post Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:04 pm

Ok I have some explaining to do, I haven't updated this thread for many months now and there is a reason; but it is not e30 related.
So I got the car on the road in Jan and then left the country mid Feb to travel the world, currently 7 months in and have been to Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, USA and currently in Guatemala for the Latin American part of the trip which should be about 8 months from now..

So the car is currently being looked after by my friend Ant, how helped me hugely when building the car. He has been able to tick off those last tasks I ran out of time to complete so let me take you through them.

But first I want to share my last week of being in the UK with the E30. Stratstone BMW Derby contacted me about an exchange, they borrow my car for a week and I get one of theirs. It was for the BMW ix3 reveal, so with their 'neue klasse' design they thought it best to have some older bmw's there too.

Image

Image

Image

Image

It was great to see it in a dealership, but my favourite part was the loan car, a BMW X7! Now I have never been interested in new cars but this behemoth was actually amazing to use. It was a sad day giving it back.

Image

Then that was it, off I went leaving the car behind.

It eventually got picked up by Ant, he filled the boot with as many spare parts and tools I had accumilated over the years and took it up to his barn. But first stopped off at a car show.

Image

Image

Then it was with a car that helped inspire me to dive so deep into my restoration.
Image
S38 swapped E30 Touring

Currently travelling the world

Instagram: http://Instagram.com/bad_e30
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=272997
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BadE30
Image