Manual Engine Loom in an EH Auto Car

General E30 related discussions -
Please put technical questions in E30 Tech Help forum below

Moderator: martauto

Mitchen
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm
Location: London

Post Wed Sep 23, 2026 10:27 am

Due to my long term running issues, before I go nuclear and just put another engine in the car.. I am trying another engine loom first. However as you're probably aware, good engine looms are bloody hard to find these days. I've managed to get my hands on a manual 6 cyl engine loom but of course it's got a completely different TPS plug to an auto engine loom. Has anyone heard of someone making this work.. or is it a no go due to the extra 3 wires?
1990 320i Coupe SE

viewtopic.php?t=253048
Speedtouch
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 14120
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Canterbury

Post Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:31 pm

You could check out the Wiki wiring diagrams:

https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.p ... g_Diagrams
///M aurice
ECU Upgrade EPROM Chips, £40 posted within the UK. Note these are not Zone chips.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=279421