Lowering springs for 318is

General E30 related discussions -
Please put technical questions in E30 Tech Help forum below

Moderator: martauto

hector9
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:05 am

Post Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:51 am

Hello, I'm looking to lower my 318is to narrow the fender clearance but don't know which one to choose. Does anyone have any idea what is not?

Thank.
User avatar
flybynite
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:23 am

hector9 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:51 am
Hello, I'm looking to lower my 318is to narrow the fender clearance but don't know which one to choose. Does anyone have any idea what is not?
Thank.
Tried and tested Bilstein B12 kit (B8 dampers and Eibch springs) pointless using anything else. 30-40mm front drop 30mm rear from standard (different if you already have Mtec springs)
User avatar
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Post Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:32 am

I use a combination of Eibach shocks and H&R springs as I found the eibach springs didn't lower it at all in my experience. Its all in my "Members E30" page if you're interested :thumb:
Check my M30 build threads:
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Headgasket: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=165704
Clutch issues: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=172482
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Cypriotgeeza
New Daily : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=285452
rix313
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 4968
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Silverstone

Post Sat Nov 16, 2024 7:07 pm

I've got Eibach prolines on my car and it sits very nicely IMO. I have fitted them to other peoples cars too with good effect.

Image