im thinking of getting my car proffesionally touched up,there is a few small rusty patches around the sills.i cant afford a respray and i was wondering would body shops cater for touch ups and does any one know roughly what price i would be looking at.....(it would be very minimal work involved)
ps if any one has had this done before maybe they could tell me what they were charged and how much work was done.....cheers guys
any one any ideas on paint
Moderator: martauto
-
Jimbob
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 3731
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Poole
Depends what you mean by touch up..
The centres of my bumpers have faded, and a few chips to one of my wing mirrors, along with a tiny patch of rust. the garage quoted me less than 400.
The centres of my bumpers have faded, and a few chips to one of my wing mirrors, along with a tiny patch of rust. the garage quoted me less than 400.
-
H35-IAN
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Worcestershire
moffet = is this john??

Hartge h35 e30... ( for sale in near future )
bmw 328i sport e36
-
Wyldie
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 213
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Farnham Surrey
I had the whole of my front bumber resprayed.. all the stone chips and everything gone plus all the flaking paint. No rust involved obviously but that was Ԛ£150.00
Not alot of help but gives you an idea...
Not alot of help but gives you an idea...

E30 - Fun Anyone?
-
Geeman
- Married to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 7641
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire
Ԛ£400 for your front bumper and wing mirrors is WAY over the top!
I'm having the front scuttle, rear arch, roof, front apron and wing for Ԛ£300... and this guy works for BMW main dealer in the bodyshop...
I'm sure if you ask/shop around you can find cheaper...
I had my XR2 sprayed down in Bourenmouth while I was at Uni and the guy was fantastic. Can't remember his name now... sorry!
Giles.
I'm having the front scuttle, rear arch, roof, front apron and wing for Ԛ£300... and this guy works for BMW main dealer in the bodyshop...
I'm sure if you ask/shop around you can find cheaper...
I had my XR2 sprayed down in Bourenmouth while I was at Uni and the guy was fantastic. Can't remember his name now... sorry!
Giles.
-
moffett
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:00 pm
thats a good price,,the rust on mine is only surface rust and its only 3 bits that are no bigger than a 5 pence piece...there is abit on the back bumper which is right through but i think im gona cut that out and then spray the back bumper myself,,should be easy as the back bumber dosnt have a smooth finish on it so i dont have to be a master with the paint.

