Sunroof

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place
Post Reply
User avatar
Bonymaenjack
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: Swansea

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Previously if my sunroof was open I could close it with the drivers door open but no ignition , now I can't .The roof works fine but if it's designed to close in a particular way I'd like to know why it's not now, one fault which may or not be related is I can open the cars central locking via the drivers door but it only operates the drivers door not the passenger boot etc .The system works fine on the boot etc but it looks like the solenoid needs attention on the driver side , could this be related to the sunroof
Thanks
User avatar
BenHar
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Do the windows work with the ignition off and the door open?

Ben
User avatar
Bonymaenjack
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: Swansea

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:36 am

BenHar wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm
Do the windows work with the ignition off and the door open?

Ben
Hi Ben no they don't
User avatar
BenHar
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 pm

https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.p ... ot_working

Check the door switches and fuse 28.

Also search on here for "windows not working" and find one of Brianmoores post explaining it.

Ben
User avatar
Bonymaenjack
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: Swansea

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:00 pm

BenHar wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 pm
https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.p ... ot_working

Check the door switches and fuse 28.

Also search on here for "windows not working" and find one of Brianmoores post explaining it.

Ben
Ben it appears that K5 relay has failed , I bridged 30 to 87 and it all works ,
Cheers
User avatar
BenHar
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:36 pm

If your blower and door mirrors are working then it is probably the relay.

If not check the starter motor connections.

Ben
User avatar
Bonymaenjack
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: Swansea

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:02 pm

BenHar wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:36 pm
If your blower and door mirrors are working then it is probably the relay.

If not check the starter motor connections.

Ben
Mirrors and heater are fine , thanks again
Post Reply