How to “Fix” broken E30Zone wiki links listed in posts

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place
Oseanosea
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm

I have run into an issue with broken E30Zone wiki web links in several older posts here on E30Zone.net. It’s been frustrating me until today.

Today Brianmoooore showed me that to fix a broken wiki link just copy the link into your address bar and then edit out the word “zone” from e30zonewiki”. Hit “Enter” after that and you’ll find the wiki you’re looking for.
To clarify:
Broken link. http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/inde ... eplacement
vs
“Fixed” link. http://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.ph ... eplacement

This link to the wiki Main Page also works well:
https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.p ... =Main_Page

I hope others find this helpful- Sean
“Keep lowering your standards until you achieve your goal.”
Ewan1
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:05 am

Would be nice if the developers would redirect the old page name to the new one, a lot of links on google are broken aswell!
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am

Oseanosea wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Today Brianmoooore showed me that to fix a broken wiki link just copy the link into your address bar and then edit out the word “zone” from e30zonewiki”. Hit “Enter” after that and you’ll find the wiki you’re looking for.
As anyone who is remotely familiar with my level of computing skills may suspect, credit for this fix goes to Steve, the boss man, not me.
Steve
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks Brian :thumb:

Sorry everyone, I didn't realise my redirects where so broken, they should be all working again now.

Let me know if you have anymore problems. :thumb:
webmaster@e30zone.net
Oseanosea
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 am

My oldest son is a web designer, digital film editor etc. The one thing I know about the internet is nothing is as easy as it seems and a site like this one is very complex. I’m glad it works as well as it does, and that everyone is as accessible and helpful as they are. Please don’t take my posting of this topic to be a criticism of any sort. I’m happily passing on helpful information that helped me access the tech expertise found here.
Thanks Steve!
“Keep lowering your standards until you achieve your goal.”
Steve
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 am

No problem at all, If I don't know about an issue I can't fix them. It's a big site with 15 years of information stored within it :thumb:

I'm not a website developer, in fact I'm a plastic fabricator, I'm just enthusiast who was looking for information about my E30 and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I decided to do something about it. Everything you see now is just a result of me learning as I went along.

The Zone for me is just as much a project / hobby as my E30 is. :D
webmaster@e30zone.net