Tired of the scene

General E30 related discussions -
Please put technical questions in E30 Tech Help forum below
User avatar
Sambino
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:54 am

Comment liked a‘aaaa a˜‚a˜‚a˜‚
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm


Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:30 pm


User avatar
Gavla
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1566
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Sambino wrote: ... gavla gave up an afternoon to help fit my roof and didn’t want a penny! ...
Did I not charge you...??

Invoice in the post mate... winkeye
User avatar
Gavla
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1566
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Satan wrote: ...nice that Gavla helped you out with the roof as I helped him swap one over when I gave him my old roof as he was getting his redone.
... out of sympathy for not being able to get out of your lotus without looking like a hippo... :mad:
User avatar
Sambino
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:14 pm

Gavla wrote:
Sambino wrote: ... gavla gave up an afternoon to help fit my roof and didn’t want a penny! ...
Did I not charge you...??

Invoice in the post mate... winkeye

Ha ha top man - hope your well a˜Š
steve_k
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 6869
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: in the vale of mansfield
Contact:

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Cypriotgeeza wrote:I couldn't agree more with most of the comments in this thread but as I've said before this site needs a little refresh and the interfaces really do need an update! (Yes i know its in the pipeline) This would keep the old schooler's happy as we can post things like pictures and videos with ease and it won't feel like a chore to upload a pic to update a build thread! I remember it would take me ages to upload alllllll the pics I took that day and write my thread when I was deep in my M30 project, some days I couldn't be bothered at all!

Another thing I have stated before is that facebook is just a liking contest for guys with air ride and 3 piece wheels, generic and boring over and over again and people unfortunately lap it up as it is apparently the "in thing" atm..

Give me 60/40 on billy B8's and H&R sport springs and some period wheels anyday...oh yea thats what Ive got :P :snigger:

In conclusion I think a refresh with some easier controls will make the world of difference to this as we have experienced how easy it is on other sites i e facebollox and this feels archaic in comparison.
eren, i couldn't agree more, i'm sure steve is making it so we can upload pictures straight to a thread, which would make it so much easier for those of us who have parts to sell instead of messing around with no hoppers/dreamers on ebay & FB.

as for the "liking" contest? that this really winds me up "vote for me as i'm an attention seeker & i'm getting beaten by a vw (on a vw/audi centric page :roll: ) & i wont to feel better about the money i spunked on being just like everyone else"

or the clowns who think they are "famous" on instagram because a few "sheep" follow them, did you see the "debate" simon13 on here had on FB with a "insta whore" a while back? classic example of "sheep".

like you i prefer a classic style e30 build, tuned m20/m30, hard slam, old skool period wheels etc.

hopefully the "team" in charge of this place are taking note on this thread winkeye

also it's about time we had some more mod's/team members as a lot of the old one's ave jumped ship to the FB page & are hardly if ever seen on here.
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:12 am

steve_k wrote: eren, i couldn't agree more, i'm sure steve is making it so we can upload pictures straight to a thread, which would make it so much easier for those of us who have parts to sell instead of messing around with no hoppers/dreamers on ebay & FB.

as for the "liking" contest? that this really winds me up "vote for me as i'm an attention seeker & i'm getting beaten by a vw (on a vw/audi centric page :roll: ) & i wont to feel better about the money i spunked on being just like everyone else"

or the clowns who think they are "famous" on instagram because a few "sheep" follow them, did you see the "debate" simon13 on here had on FB with a "insta whore" a while back? classic example of "sheep".

like you i prefer a classic style e30 build, tuned m20/m30, hard slam, old skool period wheels etc.

hopefully the "team" in charge of this place are taking note on this thread winkeye

also it's about time we had some more mod's/team members as a lot of the old one's ave jumped ship to the FB page & are hardly if ever seen on here.
Trust me mate! I never wanted to join the E30zone facebook group but this page was so dead I thought I'd see if it was any better there!

I upload pics there now and then but mainly for the sake of it as i couldnt care less how many likes I get lol as long as the right people see my pics I'm happy!

Was that the debate about the guy who got 1k likes ? lol

Lets pray for the E30zone FORUM future as I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! :D
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Cypriotgeeza wrote:
steve_k wrote:

Lets pray for the E30zone FORUM future as I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! :D
Be careful what you wish for, I hear there is going to "targeted" adverting based on your previous internet history to help pay for the running costs so don't be surprised when hair loss treatment, how to lose weight and erectile deficiency cures start popping up on your screens ;o))))))))

Oh and doughnut shops in Chiswick.........
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Cypriotgeeza wrote:
steve_k wrote:

Lets pray for the E30zone FORUM future as I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! :D
Be careful what you wish for, I hear there is going to "targeted" adverting based on your previous internet history to help pay for the running costs so don't be surprised when hair loss treatment, how to lose weight and erectile deficiency cures start popping up on your screens ;o))))))))

Oh and doughnut shops in Chiswick.........
steve_k
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 6869
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: in the vale of mansfield
Contact:

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:13 pm

eren, yes that the one, between si & a guy called gursh, i 6think the other bloke was angling for a sponsorship deal from some of the big name parts suppiers. was like the old days on here,

i've been asked a few times to upload pics of my sport but refuse to because of the "cash now bruv" posts which really wind me up when someone is trying to so off their pride & joy.
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:17 pm

steve_k wrote:eren, yes that the one, between si & a guy called gursh, i 6think the other bloke was angling for a sponsorship deal from some of the big name parts suppiers. was like the old days on here,

i've been asked a few times to upload pics of my sport but refuse to because of the "cash now bruv" posts which really wind me up when someone is trying to so off their pride & joy.
Best ones are "my sons fav car sell it cheaper to me
steve_k
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 6869
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: in the vale of mansfield
Contact:

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Satan wrote:
steve_k wrote:eren, yes that the one, between si & a guy called gursh, i 6think the other bloke was angling for a sponsorship deal from some of the big name parts suppiers. was like the old days on here,

i've been asked a few times to upload pics of my sport but refuse to because of the "cash now bruv" posts which really wind me up when someone is trying to so off their pride & joy.
Best ones are "my sons fav car sell it cheaper to me
seen that a few times, same as when i was on in the e30, "my uncle had one of them, it was an alpina 2.7" :roll:
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
User avatar
inkeys
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm new and am planning on being both honest and active on here :D

In my experience a healthy forum is the best thing you have in your armoury when it comes to owning anything remotely specialist.

I've been active on other forums in the past with previous cars and without exception they've been welcoming and super useful. I don't see this one being any different from the limited experience I've had of it.
Jesus325iTouring
Frog freak !
Frog freak !
Posts: 11356
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Omnipresent!

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:51 pm

inkeys wrote:I'm new and am planning on being both honest and active on here :D

In my experience a healthy forum is the best thing you have in your armoury when it comes to owning anything remotely specialist.

I've been active on other forums in the past with previous cars and without exception they've been welcoming and super useful. I don't see this one being any different from the limited experience I've had of it.
Some are ok, I tried RangeRovers.net for the many woes mine throws at me, and whilst through browsing there is a wealth of information on fixing everything, I didn't find it very welcoming.
Image

X5 V8 for thrills, CRV for chills, Range Rover P38 V8 for sooooo much aggravation...
User avatar
Steve
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 12924
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:00 pm
Contact:

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:05 am

steve_k wrote:eren, i couldn't agree more, i'm sure steve is making it so we can upload pictures straight to a thread, which would make it so much easier for those of us who have parts to sell instead of messing around with no hoppers/dreamers on ebay & FB.
Yup, unloaded straight to the forum from any device eg. phone, pc.
steve_k wrote: as for the "liking" contest? that this really winds me up "vote for me as i'm an attention seeker & i'm getting beaten by a vw (on a vw/audi centric page :roll: ) & i wont to feel better about the money i spunked on being just like everyone else"
No like buttons will be added to the forum but you will be able post FB post, images & video direct to the forum if so required.
steve_k wrote: hopefully the "team" in charge of this place are taking note on this thread
Note book is always out, you may not see me posting much at the moment, this is because I'm working hard on the new Zone to try and get it finished, it's close, very close but I'm always here.
steve_k wrote: also it's about time we had some more mod's/team members as a lot of the old one's ave jumped ship to the FB page & are hardly if ever seen on here.
Agreed, this will happen when the new Zone is in place, we took on Mart a few months back and he's been doing a fantastic job. :thumb:
webmaster@e30zone.net
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:26 am

Satan wrote:
Cypriotgeeza wrote:
steve_k wrote:

Lets pray for the E30zone FORUM future as I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! :D
Be careful what you wish for, I hear there is going to "targeted" adverting based on your previous internet history to help pay for the running costs so don't be surprised when hair loss treatment, how to lose weight and erectile deficiency cures start popping up on your screens ;o))))))))

Oh and doughnut shops in Chiswick.........
:chuckle: Well luckily I don't have to worry about any of them things so I'm all good mate winkeye
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:28 am

steve_k wrote:eren, yes that the one, between si & a guy called gursh, i 6think the other bloke was angling for a sponsorship deal from some of the big name parts suppiers. was like the old days on here,

i've been asked a few times to upload pics of my sport but refuse to because of the "cash now bruv" posts which really wind me up when someone is trying to so off their pride & joy.
Yea I was enjoying reading that one :snigger:

Yea "cash now bruv" and "Pic for attention" do my nut in!!
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Gert_8
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 11161
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: In your back passage faster than a rat up a drainpipe!

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Satan wrote:It was busy when Pone was here.......
This. instead of getting the banning stick out, this sort of member provided good entertainment value. I liked Pony very much, he some great topics that everyone contributed to.

I have a suspicion that FB is fun because of the "idiots" on it. The sellers have moved there because it's a bigger audience and the more unscrupulous types can do what they want.
Image
PONY, 2013 - "Anyway span 360 degrees hitting the kerb and giving the old man two fingers as I was spinning like Michael Schumacher would
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Gert_8 wrote:
Satan wrote:It was busy when Pone was here.......
This. instead of getting the banning stick out, this sort of member provided good entertainment value. I liked Pony very much, he some great topics that everyone contributed to.

I have a suspicion that FB is fun because of the "idiots" on it. The sellers have moved there because it's a bigger audience and the more unscrupulous types can do what they want.
I thought *cough the thread with the note that was left on his car by a Chiswick resident was extremely funny......
bab-91
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7148
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Anytime I login it feels like I’ve wandered into Stefan’s private diary with the odd contribution from his self hating alter ego Getrude :)


The red touring (pink kettle) is slowly being reassembled by a friend in the old country and I’ve a few poor quality snaps of shows/events in Germany. When the image hosting is fixed, I can dump them on here.
The Internet - It has proven to be worthless, and is nothing but a repository for perverts.

IG - bab91
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:18 pm

bab-91 wrote:Anytime I login it feels like I’ve wandered into Stefan’s private diary with the odd contribution from his self hating alter ego Getrude :)


The red touring (pink kettle) is slowly being reassembled by a friend in the old country and I’ve a few poor quality snaps of shows/events in Germany. When the image hosting is fixed, I can dump them on here.
Ah, but it needs people to post up info and start threads that get other members engaged as well as pointing newbies in the right direction as otherwise the site will die and will cease to exist and then what all that info will be lost forever ;o))))
bab-91
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7148
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm

So you’re the digital face of the Zone?
That explains the lack of traffic :mad:
The Internet - It has proven to be worthless, and is nothing but a repository for perverts.

IG - bab91
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Lol, you've been sniffing the red diesel again haven't you ;o)))))))
bss325i
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 24513
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: London/Surrey

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Cloggy Saint wrote:It's a shame that old school zoners like Barry, Kos etc are running the FB page but never appear here any more. There must be something good about FB otherwise it wouldn't have taken all the zone traffic, so what is it??

I still log in to this page every couple of days so not a complete stranger.

TBH, i barely get time to get involved with the FB page either what with running my business.
http://www.bmrperformance.co.uk

BMW and MINI specialist - Gatwick
User avatar
Gert
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: Limburg (BE)

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:32 am

Don't forget the quiet member(s) like me that loves this forum. I joined a few years ago and never posted much. But I frequently log in to read about restorations, rebuilds, problems.... . When you use the search function in the forum you would be supprised how much good information can be found.
I don't think FB can replace this.

That reminds me that I still need to introduce myself in the welcome section.

Keep up the good work admins and fans!
User avatar
inkeys
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:41 am

Interesting thread.

As a newbie here please remember we're not all already in the know with either info, forum history or in jokes, either. Sometimes that can be a decider in how much time new owners and forum members decide to stay and help re-energise a place.

On the MCoupe forum it felts a little like that at times; low energy, sporadic postings and almost like you were butting in on private long-term members chats.

On the Z4 Forum though, it was totally the opposite. Welcoming, helpful, interested, encouraging and at times funny. Possibly something to do with production numbers, values and owner types I guess.

In my humble opinion this forum should come across as fresh, inclusive, modern (esp. easy posting pics etc) and reclaim it's rightful place online as *the* definitive E30 place to be; wrestling the power back from the chicken-box-greased fingers of that FB crowd :D
User avatar
martauto
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 3150
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: leeds

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:36 pm

inkeys wrote:Interesting thread.
In my humble opinion this forum should come across as fresh, inclusive, modern (esp. easy posting pics etc) and reclaim it's rightful place online as *the* definitive E30 place to be; wrestling the power back from the chicken-box-greased fingers of that FB crowd :D
winkeye winkeye winkeye winkeye

Mart.
E30 316 Baur 1987 ( Legal again !)
E46 325 SE Cab 2004 (Undergoing serious top down time !)
gaszman
E30 Zone Meets/Events Team
E30 Zone Meets/Events Team
Posts: 3111
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Outside of Scummerland !

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 am

some of us never left just mingle in the back ground
Image
verde
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 5432
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: The Sticks

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am

It is a shame the zone has become so quiet over the past while but Facebook really has done damage. I am now more in the habit of coming on here mainly for my build thread. Facebook doesn’t allow that function. Plus it’s full of scene melters who do nothing but as k what spec your wheels are. I do miss this place but if the app comes I hope it will become vibrant again!
Marrakesh brown tech 2 LSx loading.....
User avatar
martauto
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 3150
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: leeds

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Gert wrote:Don't forget the quiet member(s) like me that loves this forum. I joined a few years ago and never posted much. But I frequently log in to read about restorations, rebuilds, problems.... . When you use the search function in the forum you would be supprised how much good information can be found.
I don't think FB can replace this.

That reminds me that I still need to introduce myself in the welcome section.

Keep up the good work admins and fans!
Cheers Gert :D :D
You will be suprised at how many "old schoolers" chip in when "their" subject is raised, people still log on and look around even if they dont post and also gain valuable information as well.

Mart.
E30 316 Baur 1987 ( Legal again !)
E46 325 SE Cab 2004 (Undergoing serious top down time !)
Gert_8
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 11161
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: In your back passage faster than a rat up a drainpipe!

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Good to hear from you! Are you still in Scotland or did you get sex trafficked out? :D
Image
PONY, 2013 - "Anyway span 360 degrees hitting the kerb and giving the old man two fingers as I was spinning like Michael Schumacher would
verde
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 5432
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: The Sticks

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Gert_8 wrote:Good to hear from you! Are you still in Scotland or did you get sex trafficked out? :D
LOL still here. I work a field job though so spend a lot of time in Milton Keynes and Leeds area! How you keeping?
Marrakesh brown tech 2 LSx loading.....
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:19 pm

verde wrote:
Gert_8 wrote:Good to hear from you! Are you still in Scotland or did you get sex trafficked out? :D
LOL still here. I work a field job though so spend a lot of time in Milton Keynes and Leeds area! How you keeping?
Don't mention a field to a man who dresses in lycra and lives in Wales Verde........



BOT now ;o))))
User avatar
Satan
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Location: Formally SexyLady and Diable

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm

What engine are you using Verde as those GMC Syclone/Typhoon's seem epic with a turbo 4.6?
Post Reply